Volunteer work in Plettenberg Bay, a way to work with children in day care centres and primary schools in South Africa. A safe, fun and exciting adventure awaits you.
Volunteer work in Plettenberg Bay
Volunteering in South Africa makes a real difference. The only experience you need is enthusiasm and energy to be part of Project Plett?s wonderful work. Pippa will design a program for each volunteer which will suit your particular skills and interests so that your contribution will be most effective. You will be helping in the classrooms, teaching computer skills, sport and other after school activities.
Project Plett (PP)
Project Plett is a volunteer Child Development Program based in Plettenberg Bay. Plettenberg Bay is the jewel of the Garden Route in South Africa. A stunning stretch of countryside and beaches between the Indian Ocean and the Tsitsikamma mountains. Plettenberg Bay is more than a village, less than a town. Today Plettenberg Bay remains tranquil and charming, hospitable and rather special. Plettenberg Bay has a unique experience for everyone.
What does Project Plett (PP) provide?
- PP is an initiative to support child development in the disadvantaged communities in Plettenberg Bay, South Africa.
- Most of the communities are very poor and some of the children depend on a feeding scheme.The day care centres and creches are full and many children are suffering neglect.
- Most schools in these areas are overcrowded and under resourced, with class sizes in excess of 40 children to one teacher.
- PP is run by Pippa Ford ? a Cambridge B Ed who has extensive teaching experience in Africa, UK and Australia.
- PP provides volunteers to assist in many areas of child development in these under resourced communities. This includes creches, day care centres, classroom assisting, IT literacy, one-to-one curriculum support, sports coaching and afternoon activities.
- The program acts in collaboration with the Bitou 10 Foundation which is a well established educational charity working in the area.
Information and bookings:
For more information and bookings you can visit the website of Volunteering in South Africa: ?http://www.volunteeringsa.com
Plettenberg Bay Volunteer Accommodation
And don’t forget to check out our Plettenberg Bay accommodation prices. Albergo Backpackers have camping-sites, dorm accommodation and private rooms available for volunteers at affordable rates.