Plett Hope Spot is one of only 5 international Hope Spots in South Africa. Hope Spots are special marine conservation areas which ignite public support, develop sustainable education and conservation projects. Prof Tony Ribbink of the Sustainable Seas Trust, announced that the Plett Hope Spot would be officially launched in December 2014. The launch will be done by SST patron and renowned marine scientist and architect of Hope Spots, Dr Sylvia Earle. Sustainable Seas trust is the organization facilitating the launch of South African Hope Spots.
Plett Hope Spot will be hosting events this weekend to coincide with World Ocean Day on 8th June.
Plett Hope Spot Art Auction:
Support talented young artists from Plett with an ocean-themed art auction.
- Date: Saturday 7th June
- Venue: Plett Angling Club
- Time: 18:00 for 18:30
- Cost: R50 (including a glass of local Plett wine)
- Enquiries & RSVP: email@example.com
- For more information about the Plett Hope Spot and Art Auction you can visit the Plett Tourism Website
Enjoy a day of celebration with Plett Hope Spot on World Ocean Day! Join the beach cleanup, come and build your own sand castle or join in for a game of social volleyball! You can also do some reef cleaning with Prodive.
- Date: Sunday 8th June
- Venue: Main Beach
- Beach Cleanup: 09:00
- Sandcastle Competition for the Kids: 10:30 (R20 per child)
- Social Volleyball Competition for Adults: 10:30 (R20 per person)
- Scuba Reef Clean Up with Pro Dive: 11:00 (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info)
- Enquiries: email@example.com
- For more information about the Plett Hope Spot and World Ocean Day you can visit the?Plett Tourism Website