There are a lot of wildlife activities, sanctuaries and parks in and around Plettenberg Bay. These parks have Monkeys, Birds, Raptures, Snakes, Wolves, Cats (Yes, also the big ones!), Elephants! You can visit?these animals in the animal parks Plettenberg Bay has to offer. Spend your days in Plettenberg Bay enjoying these amazing parks.
What wildlife activities are we talking about?
- Whale- and Dolphin watching trips,
- Whale season is from July – November, the dolphins are here all year around..
- A sanctuary with free-roaming monkeys from all over the world..
- Birds of Eden
- A massive bird cage with bird from around the world flying free..
- A sanctuary where you can visit the big cats, Lion, tiger, leopard and so much more..
- A sanctuary where you can also see the big cats including the Cheetah..
- Elephant Sanctuary
- A sanctuary where you can walk trunk in hand with the elephant..
- Knysna Elephant park
- A sanctuary where you can come up close and feed the elephants..
- Lawnwood snake farm
- A sanctuary where you can see indigenous snakes up close..
Wildlife and even elephants (?) can still be spotted in their natural habitat. The indigenous Elephant has again been spotted in the Knysna forest recently. You can go for a hike in the Harkerville forest and do the “Perdekop trail”. There is a possibility to see baboons, Vervet monkeys, Knysna Loeries and much more bird life.
Wildlife activities bookings
When you book your accommodation at Albergo for Backpackers, you will benefit from all the discount vouchers for all the animal parks. Book your accommodation by clicking the “Book Online” button.
Most of these parks offer a 1 – 1,5 hour guided tour through their park/sanctuary. In general you do not have to booked them in advance. When you step into our reception our helpful staff can book or give you any information about the wildlife activities. We can also arrange a shuttle to all the activities.
Please send us an email or fill in the contact form when you need more information about the available activities in Plettenberg Bay.